Who Goes There, Part 2 is a continuation of the Who Goes There? story arc that took place on the Cerberus Daily News Forums between the months of February and July 2011. Starting in mid-August 2011, it covers a variety of events stretching across the Mass Effect galaxy, with a special focus on the STG's (and several other individuals') continued fight against the antagonist of the previous arc.
Like its predecessor, Who Goes There, Part 2 involves a massive cast from across the galaxy. Primary investigators and antagonists are listed below, in alphabetical order:
Since portions of WGT's storyline concerned public events, a number of other characters were involved in the storyline without being part of the investigation.
The whole saga!
- Username: Call_Me_Ishmael: Meet the New Quarian.
- Does anyone here know anything about fungus?: In which a quarian discusses means of analyzing a new discovery.
- So I have results on the fungus I collected!: Ishmael discusses his findings, which may be worrying to some veterans on this board.
- Any Pilots Here Available for Hire?: A slowly-reestablishing Turnonav requests a pilot for uncertain terms. Also, some whining some human losers, but that’s not important. (Seriously.)
- Sorry I haven’t been around lately…: Aphin explains his lack of presence on the boards as of late…and mentions needing to return a certain book.
- So, some more information about Specimen Alpha: More results…and some commentary from a distinctly odd bystander.
- The Human Illium: Dietrich makes a rare personal visit with a contact…and discovers something incredible.
- Any of you kind folk know where I can find a geneticist?: Turnonav has been quite busy as of late.
- Buying In: Aphin brings in a few people to talk about certain events.
- Ishmael’s Final Post, Recorded for Posterity: After the STG wiped it from the thread, that is.
- Live Feed: The original thread it was posted in.
- Loose Ends: A dirt-digging reporter meets together a shady-looking salarian.
- Details: Dietrich does his job.
- 37 Found dead on research platform: One of Dietrich’s plans bears fruit. Of a golden variety.
- DISTRIBUTING KERNAL, DOWNLOADING: Aphin sounds the call.
- Let’s Do Something Fun!: Dietrich drops a hint, which is snagged by Turnonav almost immediately. (Only Page 55 is the relevant page.)
- Private Chat. Paging: User Dietrich. Shiva-class Encryption: Turnonav and Dietrich negotiate.
- All the little details: Lokkor comes out of hiding, and names a few unlucky interview targets.
- Quiet Before the Storm: Aphin lays out the details to the first batch of Investigators, and splits the team into three groups.
- Encrypted Transmission: User CUTE YOUNG FELINE MAMMAL: A Conversation of Utmost Importance.
- Hey guys, I won’t be around for a while: Aphin provides a cover story.
- User El Raton: The Gunslinger calls in a favor.
(The next three threads occur simultaneously):
- The Scorpius Nebulae: Game rules are laid out, and Aphin takes his team back to Yomi in an attempt to find out what happened.
- Interdaction: Dr. Scaramanji takes a small team to Prospero Station, to find an unnamed Broker.
- Mellow Yellow Annihilation: The Gunslinger takes a small team to eliminate Turnonav.
- She also contacts Emon Spiza: He gives her a terrified warning.
- Secrets and Shadows: Muckracker and Vohkaidan meet with Asharia, to learn what she knows of this debacle.
- Double Trouble: Muckracker finds out from a friend in the medical trade that all is not what it seems with Aphin’s mention of a “Surrelian Fever” vaccine.
- ENCRYPTED PM TO: BELLATRIX: Muckracker decides to rattle the information network, by asking for leads from a hanar broker...
- ENCRYPTED PM TO: MARCUS TAYLOR: ...A “financial broker” who insists on an in-person transaction...
- ENCRYPTED PM TO: DIETRICH: ...And Dietrich... who says that he will find her information – for a favor.
- And Lead Us Not Into Temptation...which is to deliver a package...
- But Deliver Us From Evil...the contents of which are shown here.
- I did what you asked, Dietrich: Muckracker then negotiates the terms of payment, unaware of just what she has done.
- PRIVATE CHAT: PAGING USER DIETRICH: Turnonav and Dietrich exchange terse words about their upcoming meeting.
- Poisonous Revelation: Muckracker realizes what she has done.
- Chemical attack in Tayseri Ward: The article comes out.
- Something Happened: Collateral.
- YOU MONSTER!: More collateral.
- They Say A Friend In Need: And still more collateral, as Irene grieves.
- Drowning in Sorrow: A nadir for Muckracker.
- The Journalist and the Captain: Muckracker goes for Polaron.
- PM to Abattoir: Aphin is desperate.
- Hey, Martelllllo(@&*: Uh oh.
- In The Event of My Death...: The board learns of Elara's fate.
- Encrypted message to Close Protection: The Hanar Broker does a little manipulation.
- ENCRYPTED MESSAGE TO DIETRICH: Dan contacts Dietrich about the Hanar Broker’s discussion.
- ENCR. MSG, Mr_Adams, Stargazer76, Diplomatic Immunity: Dietrich does a little manipulation.
- Encrypted Message to Abad Sam-mel: Aphin’s contact does a little wetwork of his own.
- We need a man with your skills: Muckracker turns to some... unorthodox help. (Mekan joins the story).
- Diplomatic Inquisition 1 - Kaynik: Dippy does a little investigation of his own.
- Dearest Obterian: Maladact Tarn has a few words. Public ones.
- Turnonav, WHAT DID YOU DO: The reaction to the actions in Team Mannovai’s thread. Dietrich reveals a card in his hand.
- Private Message to: APHIN'S BLACK OUT TEAM: Aphin is not happy.
- BREAKING: Disaster Strikes Colony: Abattoir’s first action is completed.
- 23842309487239392.Tri: CUTE YOUNG FELINE MAMMAL delivers a parable.
- Winter of our discontent: A curveball.
- Diplomatic Inquisition 2 - Muckracker: Dippy’s investigation takes him to the source of the storm.
- PM to Mekan: Change of Plans: Helena tells the code-tarian to change targets.
- The Debrief: The long-awaited session following the first trio of missions, and an introduction to QoroQ.
- Trap Door Spider: Turnonav’s Swan Song.
- Just Because You Despise Me: Lowell and Dietrich meet face-to-face.
- im in ur servers: Mekan performs a frontal assault.
- PM to: Muckracker: Mekan lets Muckracker know about his results. She in turn wants to see if he can arrange a meeting with Korwun Gorik.
- Pandora’s Box: Muck discovers what’s in the box.
- Dialogue Ep3: With Guest Host, Daveed Malik: The Broadcast.
- Friends, I am hosting a Free Mudrack Benefit Rockshow: A... less-than-positive reaction to The Broadcast.
- Out In the Cold: The hunt takes them to Noveria, where all games end in tragedy.
The next thread occurs as a slight derail, after a certain crucial moment involving Aphin:
- Interrogation, Part II: A rescue on Noveria.
- Less Scruples Than I: A sedate meeting between Dietrich and his Close Protection.
- Interrogation I: Time for some questions.
- ENCRYPTED: PM To: Lord High Researcher, Gothteng Vedix: Muck treads dangerous ground.
- The Journalist and the Warlord: Establishing travel and special forces.
- Exit Strategy: Dietrich finally makes contact with Vedix.
- Calm Before the Storm: Not long after, so does a certain someone else...
- A Wake for a Friend: In the middle of a very long service, an elcor arrives with a telegram (the single post being the only WGT-relevant information).
- Okay, I’m Back: Aphin finally broadcasts his return... and learns of a certain broker.
- ENCRYPTED MESSAGE TO USER: Cute_Young_Feline_Mammal: More discussion between Frawg and Cat.
- Encrypted Message to: User Muckracker: Terrorbyte posts bytes in terror.
- Desperate Times: Aphin realizes what must be done. Also: could an episode of The Life Egregious really provide clues?
- Noveria Debriefing: Back to the drawing board...
- Widow: An adventurer's wife hears the worst of news.
- PM to DepressedBatarian: Mekan officially joins the team.
- Encrypted Message to Muckracker: Advice from Dippy.
- Knock, Knock: A loose end is tied up. A quarian explodes.
- Settling the Tab: An unexpected visit occurs.
- The First Link: Another lead is followed.
- Week of the Dragon: Abattoir gets to work.
- ENCRYPTED PM TO MAJ. APHIN PROTRETHO: Another person makes his move.
- Colour Out of Space: Research and mythology.
- Loose Ends: They get tied up.
- I must provide an apologizing about the qoroqalypse: How did Eightball's fundraiser go, anyway?
- Cruciatus Interregnum: Asharia is put into stasis.
- PM with Muckracker: The soldier and the reporter finally talk.
- Drinking for One: Aphin curls around a bottle, only to find out that absolutely NO ONE will leave him alone.
- This Ain't A Movie, Kid: Mekan is hired for the final project.
- Courting the Devil: Aphin's team is finally off to meet with Gothteng Vedix.
- Meeting the Cavalry: Aphin meets the Brigadier to discuss the final plan…
- SteveCo. Presents: The Stevening, a SteveCo. Production: Meanwhile, Scaramanji meets with an unlikely third party for more assistance.
- Operation Antivenom: An STG team, with a mysterious aura of immortality, takes up an attack on one front...
- The End (Justifies the Means): Title says it all.
- GALAXY ONE NEWS, TODAY, WITH AN EXCLUSIVE REPORT: In a bizarre departure from STG SOP, the story breaks.
- Batarian Government issues statement regarding "ghost fleet": Meanwhile, on another channel…
- The Dead and the Brave, Cradle to the Grave: ...and in some undisclosed part of the galaxy...
- Simon and the Bad Penny: ...and a little later...
STG Censorshp: Dwick and Terrorbyte are having an adventure apparently involving crew of the ill-fated Pequod. The STG, though, is censoring any comments that mention or include pictures of QoroQ, to the frustration of Juhani Alavirta, Kayana Pesh and others.