He was extremely modest, kind, polite, and welcoming to almost every individual he met. Part of the Enlightened Worshippers branch of the Enkindler religion, he graduated with a degree in Alien Psychology from the University of Illuminated Individuals in Nourra on Kahje. He owned a small clinic on the Zakera Ward of the Citadel. He could often be seen referring to his knowledge of psychology when conversing on the CDN, to the mild annoyance of others.
Like most hanar, Melanar often turned to his religion for guidance. Although his soul name is relatively unknown but to a few close friends and family, it's rumoured that the meaning of his name is "The One who Flows into the Dreams of Others," possibly referring to his interest in the unconscious thoughts of others.
Concurrent with his time on CDN, Melanar was planning to write a book on psychology. He could often be seen walking around the Citadel asking if people would like to fill out surveys for his studies.
Parents are Ru'lionot and Zenarias, siblings (in order from eldest to youngest, with Melanar as the second youngest child) are Corialo, Jod'orro, Nenyar, Serrialits, and Erimiel.
A Selection Of Favoured Reading Material
- Understanding the Psychology of Sentient Species by Dr. Cura Sa'til
- What is the Mind? by Xeldorn Drune
- Concepts of Gender: Are Asari Females, Males, Neither, or Both? by Matriarch Zi'lia T'Dur
- Salarians and Drell: How Memory Works by Dr. Gondo Trutt
- History of Human Racism by Bernard M. Hope
- The Enkindlers' Legacy: A Study of Hanar Culture and Life by Dr. Desilduir
- The Batarian Caste System: Why It Isn't for Every Species by Mekk Raksha
- Life of the Migrants by Dr. Sey'Hurey vas Qwib Qwib
- Understanding the Clans: An In-Depth Study on the Krogan, Turian, and Volus by Surius Kelliks
- Emotions Run Deep With the Elcor by Idor Nend
- Mating Rituals of Aliens: How to Flirt When You Have Tentacles by Dr. U'dul
- Adventures of Bibbo, the Volus Mercenary by Dor Zann