A batarian, formally of the Special Intervention Unit.
"Got told once that I'm kinda ugly, 'cause the upper four of my nostrils are too narrow. (That's a general trait of my ethnicity, by the way). Skin coloration... I'm rusty-orange with butter-yellow cartilage ridges, and this combination is considered either very attractive or almost disgusting, depending on who you ask."
Ferem was born on Khar'shan, but spent only his baby years there. He grew up on Camala, and the Hegemony allowed the colonization of the planet by other species. Ferem therefore had (and took) many opportunities to socialize with them and learn more about other parts of the Galaxy.
- His parents, Prasvan and Gelea, both scholars. They're on good terms with Ferem, though he has to keep much of what he's doing a secret from them, for their peace of mind.
- A sister, Denna. He's on very good terms with her. She has two adopted batarian children and an adopted vorcha child (Gycha), to the shock of some of her neighbours. She's also considered the unofficial head of the family.
- An elder brother, Kramo. Ferem is also on good terms with him, but they're slightly distant due to radically different personalities. Kramo has two biological children.
- Kramen Soth’mal, Ferem's father’s cousin.
- Grandfather Dakon. A radical Na’hesit. Despite all the conflict due to ideology he was on good terms with Ferem, but he "kinda went off the deep end" when both Ferem and Soth'mal had to leave SIU. He found that to be a disgrace and practically disowned them. Once tried to kill Gycha.
- There are also people who are not blood kin but are essentially Ferem's aunt and uncle. They were technically slaves pre-war (though Ferem's father, being an Ub’hesit to the marrow, paid them) and they became part of the family openly post-Hegemony. They have a child, too.
(Ferem is a second son, but to his relief avoided becoming a Goronak.)
Nowadays, he cannot tolerate even a small amount of alcohol; it will likely kill him.
Threads of Note
Bluntly: We Have Bigger Briefcases: Ferem agrees to work with Xuumo and his allies.
Murder Mystery Causes Panic At Dance Club: Ferem got arrested; so CDN learns.
That Vast, Terrible Inbetween: Following the nightclub incident, Ferem sends a message of reassurance to Phraag, while Drau Kron takes a direct approach.
Time For A Pause: Having been in the Nemean Abyss for a while, Ferem decides now is a good time to be reflective, and to check in on everyone else.
Warning: Militant Cult Activity: Ferem reports on developments in the Abyss. It's appreciated by some, even if Cerastes is his usual mocking self regarding Ferem's comparative lack of apathy toward the region's depravity.
Something Fishy: The ugly corporate politics behind the Wreck quarantine.
Where Do They Get These People?: The guards maintaining the quarantine aren't the brightest.
A Younger Man's Clothes, Chapter Six: Escape, but they need aid from somewhere. Xuumo and Selin are quite happy to help.
Extranet History: What has Ferem been up to online recently?