Chirper is a mass communication tool, enabling users to read and broadcast short messages, known as 'chirps', across galactic distances.
Although individual chirps are limited in their content potential, being primarily text-based with a bare-bones translation and embedded data capacity, their brevity and simplicity means that even a widespread reader/publisher base requires only a miniscule investment in relay communications bandwidth to be kept permanently in contact with the Chirper network - even the lowest-priced connectivity services permit users to send and receive chirps at maximum inter-relay speed. Although initially regarded as a passing fad for the social networking subculture, Chirper's speed and coverage to even the most technologically-limited of locations has seen it emerge as a powerful information dissemination tool for individuals, professional news services, and even governments.
CDN chirper accounts
Several members of CDN have Chirper accounts, including:
- Aran'gar: aran_gar
- Kenec'Getha nar Iblin: KenecGetha
- James David Lear: Procul_His
- Jorgal Dwick: JorgalDwick
- Lyra Palmer: SereCarnifex
- Rala'Zarun nar Torva: RalaZarun
- Initially invented simply as a self-explanatory 22nd Century Twitter equivalent, Chirper has been adopted by CDN as the in-universe carrier of BioWare's Twitter-based news updates.